Registered Massage Therapists (RMTs) in B.C. are licensed and registered with the College of Massage Therapy of BC. They are healthcare professionals who provide a safe and effective way to improve the health and well being of your body.
RMTs are extensively trained to assess the structure and movement of your body. They specialize in using various treatment techniques that include soft tissue massage, mobilizations, hydrotherapy, myofascial release and education to alleviate pain and restriction. In addition, RMTs can provide suggestions for stretching and exercises for postural strengthening and awareness.
Massage Therapy can be an effective approach to address a wide range of conditions, including:
- Fascial restrictions and scar tissue
- Sports injury prevention and rehabilitation
- Acute or chronic pain syndromes
- Post traumatic soft tissue damage
- Tension headaches/migraines
- Arthritis related symptoms
- Muscle soreness and tension
- Improving blood and lymphatic circulation
- Many other soft tissue and joint dysfuncations!
*DID YOU KNOW: many extended medical benefit plans cover all or some of the cost of visiting an RMT – check your plan to find out whether you are covered.