Physiotherapists are highly skilled and educated health professionals who provide safe, effective, quality client-centred treatment. Every physiotherapist in Canada has completed national entry-level education (now Master’s degree), met high practice standards, and successfully passed a standardized physiotherapy competence examination. The practice of physiotherapy is constantly evolving and is shaped by scientific evidence, ongoing education and the competencies of the physiotherapists delivering these services.
Specifically, physiotherapists improve clients’ quality of life by:
- Promoting optimal mobility, physical activity and overall health and wellness;
- Preventing disease, injury, and disability;
- Managing acute and chronic conditions, activity limitations, and participation restrictions;
- Improving and maintaining optimal functional independence and physical performance;
- Rehabilitating injury and the effects of disease or disability with therapeutic exercise programs and other interventions; and
- Educating and planning maintenance and support programs to prevent re-occurrence, re-injury or functional decline. (source: Physiotherapy Association of BC and Canadian Physiotherapy Association)
Conditions that physiotherapy at Active Solutions Health + Sport can treat include, but is not limited to:
- Sprains, strains (acute and repetitive)
- Arthritis conditions
- Impingement syndromes (muscle and/or nerve)
- Post fractures
- Post surgical conditions
- Tendinitis, tendinosis and tenosynovitis
- Spinal conditions (scoliosis, stenosis, herniations, spondylolisthesis, disc degeneration)
- SI joint dysfunction
- Myofascial pain syndromes
- Labral tears
- Meniscal pathologies
- Muscle imbalances
- Vestibular disorders (vertigo, dizziness, concussions)
For more information, please visit the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia.
*DID YOU KNOW: many extended medical benefit plans cover all or some of the cost of visiting a registered physiotherapist – check your plan to find out whether you are covered.